Richard Thomas is “Lionface of LionKing Muzik” formerly known as Babyface, the renowned selector of King Addies Sound System.
Born in Trinidad, Lionface migrated at an early age to St Croix, USVI before moving to Brooklyn, New York. Although demonstrating a passion for music & entertaining as a young boy, it was in Brooklyn where members of the dancehall & reggae world realized and acknowledged this young man’s talent as a DJ, selector and producer.
Lionface, alongside his mentor the legendary selector-Danny Dread, was the mastermind behind the success of King Addies, taking the Brooklyn sound from strength to strength making them a household name, touring the sound internationally and winning countless awards and Sound Clash Trophies worldwide.
Already established, Lionface launched and continues to work under his own brands, Lionking Muzik- soundsystem & record label and Frenzywear LLC.
Highlights of Career:
- Dj/Selector & Producer –
- Recent Performances –
- Austria, September 2017
- London, August 2017
- Belize, February 2016
- Berlin, Hamburg, Gutersloh Germany July 2015
- UK – Sheffield & Luton, July 2015
- Radio Interview, BBC 1Xtra with Seani B, London, November 2015
- Riddims – Mad Ryder Riddim 2015 featuring Agent Sasco aka Assassin, Gappy Ranks & rnb billboard artiste, Jimmy Cozier.
- Festivals – Reggae Geel, Belgium, 2011 Juicy Beats, Germany, 2010
- Tour DJ for Wayne Wonder, Sean Paul, Gyptian & I-Wayne
- TV Shows – CBS Morning Show, BET106 & Park, MTV Spring Break, Top of the Pops UK, Showtime at the Apollo USA
- Notable achievements – The only US selector to ever reach the levels that Lionface has achieved in the soundclash culture. First to voice and play 2016 Grammy Award Winners Morgan Heritage on dub-plate. Discovered Agent Sasco aka Assassin, in 1999, who recently featured on Kendrick Lamar’s 2016 Grammy performance of ‘Blacker the Berry’. Also the first to voice Agent Sasco to dub plate and record him on 45. Lionface, the DJ & selector is a true master of the craft with a proven ability to entertain a crowd with his vibrant & high energy sets by selecting from his extensive & exclusive collection. The use of a rare intuition that he possesses to read, feel & connect with his audience creates magic while keeping the vibes & energy alive. As a producer, Lionface is well known for his remixes, dub plate cutting skills and sharp ear for new talent, his creativity set trends that are still studied by many Djs, Selectors and Soundmen today.
- Other projects have seen him produce for Capleton, Sizzla, Wayne Wonder, Sean Paul, Agent Sasco, Gyptian, Collie Buddz, Gappy Ranks.
With over 30 years’ experience and extensive knowledge of the business, Lionface is the ultimate professional, highly respected by artistes, promoters, record labels & agencies alike for his contribution and ongoing support within the dancehall & reggae world. His ability to evolve and adapt within an ever changing industry has enabled him to remain fresh, current & keep his audience entertained and loyal whilst maintaining his ever-growing fanbase & followers.
Lionface’s dedication and deep rooted passion for dancehall, reggae, roots & culture continues to fuel his desire to entertain. Through sharing and keeping this music alive worldwide Lionface recognizes its powerful message to promote one love. He Continues To Tour In The Caribbean, US,U.K. And Europe Yearly.
The Real LionFace